Friday, March 19, 2010

DougH

I have to say I'm a bit skeptical of a restaurant that gets so many raves in national magazines that is in a strip mall. DougH is just over 2 years old. It has been featured in Food & Wine and Rachel Ray's magazine among other. I know this because there are framed articles in the hallway to the restroom.

Photobucket

and really that was the highlight of my visit. The restroom. The food was ok, but if I spend $8 on some olives and cheese and $15 on a cheese pizza I have some pretty high expectations. I wasn't too thrilled that we were asked initially to sit at the bar when there was a booth available. And tables here are smack close. Like I knew the life story of fellow diners when we were done you couldn't help but overhear conversations.

The bathroom was very clean and had some mood lighting to die for. I want all pictures of me in this lighting please director.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The unattended candles freaked me out for a second until I realized they were the flameless kind (because I stuck my finger in them, yes I did)

Photobucket

But my absolute favorite thing here was the handtowels. By this I mean TOWEL. I could dry my whole body with this sucker.

Photobucket

If Cindy wasn't waiting for me outside the door, I might have been tempted to stuff a few in my purse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...