Monday, February 20, 2012

Andrea's Bucket List Part 3: Connect and Contribution

More from my Bucket List. Hope it inspires you!


CONNECT

Make yourself spend a half-day at a concentration camp and swear never to forget August 2010

Visit a VFW hall or nursing home and listen to stories for a whole day.  December 2011

Be someone's mentor. There is actually a funny story about this I'll have to add later.

Write the novel you know you have inside you.

Join Toastmasters

Volunteer abroad for one month. Teach English in a foreign country.

Give your mother a dozen red roses and tell her you love her. May2010

Join a flash mob

Be complaint free for 30 days (acomplaintfreeworld.org)

Practice Gratitude for 21 days (keep a gratitude journal)

Party at South by Southwest

Take a picture every day for a year.

CONTRIBUTION

Donate platelets once a month for a year.

Pay for the order of the person behind me in the drive thru lane

Tip a server 100% of the bill

Make a microloan at Kiva 01/18/12

Give a panhandler all the money I am carrying.

Volunteer to take care of the USS Missouri

Become a Child Advocate

Do Random Acts of Kindness for every year I am alive in one day

Pick someone up from a bus stop and take them where they need to go.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! You added it! I will be taking notes from your list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post about $25 donations and hope you check out Kiva.org. Fair warning: it's addictive!! ;)

      Delete
  2. Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...