Friday, January 20, 2012

Because everyone needs ANOTHER list to complete

I admit it. I wasn't really aware of UNESCO sites. When I happened on the blog PostCards and PLaces, I decided to look it up.


Here are the places I have already been (like 1% of the sites)
Czech Republic
 Historic Centre of Prague
 Kutná Hora: Historical Town Centre with the Church of St Barbara and the Cathedral of Our Lady at Sedlec

France
Palace and Park of Versailles
Paris, Banks of the Seine
Bordeaux, Port of the Moon

Germany
Palaces and Parks of Potsdam and Berlin (Berlin only)

Italy
Historic Centre of Rome, the Properties of the Holy See in that City Enjoying Extraterritorial Rights and San Paolo Fuori le Mura (HILARIOUS what the call the Vatican!)
Venice and its Lagoon
City of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas of the Veneto
City of Verona

United States of America (small shame that I have only been to ONE!)
 Monticello and the University of Virginia in Charlottesville

Place I will be going in just a few weeks(WHOOT!):

Morocco
Medina of Fez
Medina of Marrakesh

However in reality I don't intend to complete all 900+ sites. Many of them are very naturey and while I am not opposed to nature in theory, it is not my preferred travel destination. I am more for culture and people than beautiful scenery. I do however find the many pre-historic items on the list fascinating and might add some of them to my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...