Friday, November 11, 2011

Puerto Rico...tropical breezes or tropic diseases?

Prior to our March cruise, this is what would come to mind when I thought of Puerto Rico. America lyrics from West Side Story!

Puerto Rico

You ugly island . . .
Island of tropic diseases.
Always the hurricanes blowing,
Always the population growing . . .
And the money owing,
And the babies crying,
And the bullets flying.




BUT This is what I found when we actually went there!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This crazy mix of Caribbean and Europe. A friend of mine who was born in Puerto Rico told me the cobblestones in the picture above were counterbalance on the ships brought from Spain who would return home with tons of gold. The streets are older than America!

Needless to say, I plan on returning when I can spend more than 5 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...